Gottlieb married Anna Maria Rothfuss who was born in Oberlengenhardt on January 2, 1843. They got married in Langenbrand on Monday, March 29, 1869.
Upper Leng Hardt or Oberlengenhardt is the smallest Schömberger village with about 500 inhabitants. The place owes its origin to the settlement of the Calwer forest by the counts of Calw in the 11th century. Halfway between meadows and arable land, include a 15 farmsteads. Stone and hedges were created as boundaries between the homes with the adjacent behind home fields. This was typical of the northern Black Forest form of settlement as a Waldhufendorf retains largely upper Leng Hardt until today.
First documented mention is in the "Codex hirsaugensis" from the 12th century, the donation of the Countess UTA von Calw to the monastery of Hirsau is listed in the upper Leng Hardt. in 1603 it was sold by the owner, the Margrave of Baden at the Herzog von Württemberg.
Upper Leng Hardt is today a popular tourist attraction for hiking and walks, it has views on clear days to far on the Swabian Alb and the Hohenzollern Castle. The incorporation into the overall municipality of Schömberg was in 1975. In the same year, upper Leng Hardt received the predicate "Resort". The burgher's House with daycare, gym and citizens Hall together with the neighboring Protestant Church form the center of the village.
The meaning of the name Rothfuss is as follows:
- German: from Middle High German rōt ‘red’ + vuoz ‘foot’, a nickname for someone who followed the fashion for shoes made from a type of fine reddish leather.
- according to another opinion a variant of Rotfuchs, from the Middle Low German form fos ‘fox’, a nickname for a clever person.
They had six children; Johann Friedrich b 1869, Gottlieb Fiedrich b 1871, Anna Maria b1873, Wilhelm b1879, Katharina b 1880, and Karl b 1885. Gottlieb Fiedrich died on April 29, 1899.